Monday, October 4, 2010

Great Weekend

Oh, this past weekend was awesome :) On Friday night, Randall and I had a great date night! We first went IHOP to get some dinner which was way yum (even though I like Denny's pancakes better), we then went to see the facebook movie..or whatever its called..social media? It should just be called the Facebook movie..it would probably get more viewers. The movie was...interesting and very informative, probably wouldn't buy it..but ya know..its cool to see how Facebook all came about. Once we were done, we went to Baskin Robins! We got free ice cream for (speaking of Facebook) making a Facebook Baskin Robins Group and if you got 31 people to join then we all got ice cream! YAY! Overall, it was a great date night and I love my honey.

Saturday was spiritually packed with amazing talks by the prophet, apostles, and general authorities from General Conference. I would have to say..a few of my favorites were Elder Holland and Elder Uchtdorf's, those particular made me cry the spirit was so strong! BUT all of conference that day was wonderful and I'm glad we got to watch it. We did some grocery shopping in between sessions, and later after conference, we headed to Katie and Andrew's for some yummy stew they made, it was deliciously delightful, I will so be making that recipe someday soon. Us girls then stayed and talked while the boys headed to Priesthood. We then all played Mexican Train together later that night. Great times! :)

Sunday we headed to Royce and Heather's and was jam packed with conference sessions which of course were amazing ,and ate great food and did some game playing and of course followed through with sonme amazing race watching. It was a spiritually powerful day along with some fun games that we all played together in between conference sessions. Heather made chicken cord on blue --ha, I wish it was spelled like that, and then we headed home. It was a fabulous weekend that was definitely well needed :) Sorry-no pics, I know, much disappointment in that! :(

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny Crystal. It is too bad it's not spelled like that. And I made your soup on Monday--it was yummy (although the leftovers were not so much soup, but more just mac n' cheese, which is good too) but I think I will use less pepper next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That is what i noticed! The leftovers are definitely not soup, and I agree the pepper does make it a little spicy and gives it a little kick but I kinda like that :) Glad you got the chance to make it!

    ReplyDelete