Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Turkey Week

SO Turkey Weekend was great this year. We thought we would be stuck going to Mimi's Cafe on T Day because all of our relatives were going to Vegas, however, we ended up being invited by my awesome brother Royce and his wife Heather to spend it with her family so we did! Don't get me wrong, I think Mimi's is amazing and has some darn good food on Thanksgiving, but we were way more excited to spend it with family--even if we're not "blood" hahaha, Rhett? Anyway, it was great!! We headed to Salt Lake on Wednesday night and watched the Game Show Network b/c we love it and who doesn't? Then on Thursday, we got up and Heather and I made a chocolate pie and green bean casserole..she made most of the pie but it was fun cookin it up together! This green bean casserole was FAR better than the regular one you make, no joke! We chilled most of the day and then headed over to Heather's parent's house where we enjoyed lots of food and more food and played fun games and spent a great afternoon with Heather's family.

And then came Black Thursday (not Friday)....

Don't you worry, right after Heather's family's house, we went right over to the mall where we got the deals of a lifetime at GAP!! Of course the mall was way ridiculously over crowded and people were waiting outside of Gap to get in b/c there were already too many people in the store and they couldn't break fire code, BUT Randall waited 2 hours in line to check out!!! Ok, so you might be asking..um..Crystal..why didn't you wait in line???!? SO, I went to get hot cocoa and by the time I got back I would have had to wait in this huge long line to get in the store so I figured I would just go roam the mall and see what was going on....poor honey :( BUT it was well worth it and we got some AMAZING deals on nice pants--since I really needed them--and they were all HALF off!! Anyway, I was kinda done with shopping by then and was WAY tired by the time we got home--12:30 am...so we hit the hay and slept in! Randall got up at 7:45 am to get a few Christmas Presents for others but I was mostly done..

Later that day we went and saw Harry Potter 8 or whatever number its on and it was WEIRD! But..it was still good and Harry and Herminie need to get o! Anyway, that was a lot of fun and we then went to Tai Garden for dinner which was SOO good! We've been before but we always love eating Tai food. That night we headed to bed because we were SO excited to go to Arches National Park the next day!

Arches was wonderful!! We just did a day trip because we're not all intense hikers so 3-4 hours over there was plenty for us :) It was pretty cold in the shade but pretty nice in the sun...so overall the weather wasn't too shabby! The sites to see were SOO cool and I'll explain a little more below

Amazing! I think this looks like King Tritan's castle in Little Mermaid...but not underwater..obviously
us in front of Falling rock or rock on cliff or what was it called again?
Randall made me crack up in this pic..that's why my face is in the daaaark
Us in front of falling rock
Heather is so happy in this pic because she's realized how strong the tips of her fingers are
This is totally a leaning tower of pisa picture!
Right before we had this picture taken, our legs were cut off and now we're all little people
Ahh hon bon in front of a breath taking view
This is falling rock? maybe? I'm sorry i should remember the names of all these but most of the time we just made up the names of the rocks anyway..maybe that's why I don't remember..
Me right in front of Delicate Arch! I'm so close I can touch it! Ha, jk, we didn't do the long strenuous hike cuz we didn't need anyone passin out..BUT we went up to the look out point and we got some great pics..good enough, right?
Look at them classy brothas
It looks like Royce is at the pyramids or something..
We chilled on some rocks for lunch...the view was amazing
This, by far, is one of the coolest things at Arches! It's butt rock!! I don't know if its officially called that, but I think it may be because when I googled it, this pic came up since I didn't get to take an actual picture of it! Pretty amazing what these arches can look like..
I think this was window arch or something? I'm probably wrong....but I like the pic
Even though you can see us here, we just thought it was neat that we could practically be in the arch! go us!
Landscape Arch was an inspiration for me to go to Arches because it may not be around when my future kids are grown up! It's soo narrow..it's pretty much not going to be an arch in like 20 years..I am SO glad I got to see it..pretty much one of my favs.
Us in front of Landscape Arch--Royce looks like the unabomber

Overall, the weekend was a blast and I'm soo happy we got to do all that we did, Arches was truly a site to see and I was very grateful we had the chance to go. Yay for Thanksgiving 2010!

4 comments:

  1. Crystal- you were so happy to not hike to delicate arch because we were worn out hiking up to the look out point to see it!! haha just kidding! Next time we will find the shooter hiding in Moab, I know he is out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your writing about the arches cracked me up.."or what was it called again?"..haha. you look great in all of the pictures! i like the 2nd and 3rd ones with you and randall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "all of our relatives were going to Vegas"

    NOPE, we were partying big in Texas ya TURDS, you missed out so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA ha, sorry, Robert, I should have specified and said "Randall's relatives." Can't wait to see you at X Mas!
    Jessica--I'm glad you liked them, thank you so much! I always LOVE checking out your blog!!
    Bunner--you LOVED look out point! Good thing the murderer didn't kill us!

    ReplyDelete