Sunday, February 6, 2011

FAB FEB Weekend

Wow, what a fun weekend!(last weekend..I'm just now getting around to blogging about it the Saturday after the fact..surprise..surprise) It was very eventful and I was left very tired on Sunday night after the weekend fiasco! Friday night..we went to Randall's Facility and Property Management Formal at the Hinkley Center! His major is so small, so they have fun activities for the students and their fams! It was a nice night filled with pictures, socializing, dinner, and dancing!

Winter Formal Pic..fancy pants
Um...this pic looks a little like an awkward high school dance pic b/c of the soft hand hold but the photographer lady didn't really position us. We had to do it on our own so pshhh, we didn't know what to do.
Socializing with our awesome table buddies and eating yummy food
Um...usually I'm a more crazy dancer but the dress wouldn't really allow it..don't you worry, I promise I'm a better dancer than what this pic portrays..

I think this was the electric slide..maybe?
Boot scootin boogy all the way baby..wow that girl in the blue was getting way into it
So..I don't really know who this person is but my facial expression is..I'm speechless
Ahh...............................presh
The next day we got jimmered!!! haahah, twenty years from now I'll look at this post and be like..what the--?? But then again I'll probably say that about half of my blog posts. Anyway, it has been Jimmermania here in Provo for the past month or so and we definitely had to go to the game! We of course won and had a blast going with friends, I even got a pic of the Jimmer Big head which cracks me up every time I see it..especially when Cosmo steals it away b/c Cosmo can do anything..wow am I really blogging about my alma mater's mascot??...

Jimmer!
Jimmer Face! That thing is bigger than me..literally..
All the true fans were at the game! Yah..totally caught the glare on my glasses
Yay!! Go Us!

SO that night we went to my brother's Chinese New Year Party at his Kung Fu gym and it was pretty amazing. We ate some junk food..ya know..what people do at parties..then someone tried to kill someone else using there kung fu skills..ya know, the usual, ok, that last part didn't really happen..but i really did want to see someone beat someone else up using kung fu or wing chung skills..Heather and I thought that pretty much would have been amazing..but of course it didn't happen..OH and they did a lion dance--ya know like the dragon one they do in China but unfortunately we got there too late which was sad times but overall it was happy times because we THEN got a lesson taught to us by the seefu (that's probably not how you spell it but he is the master, head hauncho..ya know) and his lesson was VERY interesting. He first taught a Chinese lesson which i don't really remember what it was called because it was in Chinese thus making me forget..BUT it was great. It was about how we shouldn't just enjoy life once we've completed goals but that we should enjoy life always..even in the process of making those goals happen. I'm sure someone else could explain it better, but that's the main gist I got from it sooo yeah..OH but then he gave another life lesson (I love life lessons taught to me) and this one was on how each of us has a checking and savings account and how to use your energy wisely in your checking's account so you don't have to withdraw from your savings..it may sound confusing b/c I'm not explaining it well but it makes really clear sense. Anyway, hopefully I'm allowed to talk about this on my blog b/c if not, I'll have to erase it and I'll be really sad. The night was fab and then they had a pick up sticks contest that we def weren't going to stay for b/c it was like 10:30 pm when we left.
Look at that doorway!
Chinese decorations!
Year of the rabbit!! Bunner is a rabbit! Hahaha, that is pretty funny

The next day we had stake conference and Richard Hinckley came and talked to us! He's pretty much amazing of course. The rest of the stake leadership also talked to us and I very much enjoyed it. They stressed the importance of temple work and Johnny Lingo....LOVED it.

Later that day we had Russell over and ate lots of yum snacks :) What a fab Feb weekend.

In other news, Barb is engaged!--Yay! Katie had her baby!-- Yay! I'm prego! Yay! Ha, JK, I'm pretty sure I would post that news on Facebook before I posted it on my blog..but I dunno..that's a good question...hmmm.. but we're definitely not prego yet :) Hopefully most of you would know that news before I posted it on a blog or Facebook anyway. But then again..I probably only have 10 viewers of this blog anyway. We're going to Vegas next weekend!! Woo hoo!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Crystal, you crack me up. Your blog is like a million miles an hour! Glad you didn't really announce that you're expecting on your blog before telling us. You would be in big trouble if so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! I love reading your blog. Makes me laugh. Sounds like you two are having tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh thanks guys! And believe me..I would definitely not announce that I was expecting before telling you ;) fo sho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal you need the fun shye's permission to take those pictures, now he's going to send his army of ninjas (i.e. Russel and his roommates) to beat you up and take this blog post down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new wave of fishing has become a favored pastime and it involves the gaming industry. While fishing is an ancient sport, online fishing games are a new fad and this allows a whole new atmosphere to enjoy the thrill of catching fish. The article discusses the new world of online fishing. MEGA GAME

    ReplyDelete