Thursday, July 28, 2011

St. Louis Happy Times

Everyone should be very proud that I'm actually posting sooner than 3 months after my last blog post! Yay!!I'm actually on a role! Maybe that's what happens when I actually don't have a job...hmm..So yesterday I had a job interview for a job I really hope I get..but I guess we'll see..the job hunt is continuous and not very fun...I'm going to make sure all my kids go into something that they can actually find jobs in b/c public health..um...not so much... Randall started his job and is doing a great job!! Go bun bun! He gets his first pay check Friday and we're gonna go to Vegas and blow it all on the slots, ha, yeah right. Last night I had a dream that all my high school friends got together and we met at Jamie's dad's estate and there were some people that were there that really shouldn't have been there like Chelsea Tucker..um..weird....I wasn't even friends with her and neither was Jamie so it was just plain weird. BUT it was great to see all my friends..LIKE all my high school friends..even the ones I don't even talk to anymore..sad face. Relating to high school friends, I recently went to St. Louis and LOVED it! Barb got married so I of course had to attend and I got to see my amazing St. Louis peeps that I love dearly and "we will still be friends forever" (Vitamin C song) I wish I could belt it for you out loud for ya but most of you have probably already heard me sing for fun so it really isn't necessary, no? Um...oh yeah, so back to St. Louis, I had a blast of course, and wanted to display some of the tre bon pics I got of being there..I should have taken more but I always say that.


Look how happy Barb is-ador, and they make a pretty posh couple, posh?
Look how excited Barb is to see me! This girl to the right apparently thinks she's supposed to be in the pic..ahh...sad
I should get a pic of us in the nursery and compare..we pretty much look the same
My St. Louis girls! So..Barb needs to put her arms around Jamie and as you can see, Jamie and I both have baby bumps..but hers actually has a baby inside..well 2 babies to be exact
Um..it totally looks like Barb and Lucas are a couple here....don't worry, they are very incompatible and I would give that relationship maybe an hour..

So what did we do in St. Louis? Thursday and Friday were wedding festivities. Saturday, we all went to Jamie's for a yummy breakfast brunch that was truly amazing....probably the best thing Jamie has ever made..but then again that may be the only thing I've ever tasted of her making....SO, we had a yum yum breakfast brunch that you can find a truly delish recipe of a breakfast casserole here. Oh and it's really easy to make according to Jamie. After we ate, Barb came over and ate her meal and we chatted before scooting off to Harry Potter!! It was of course fabulous as I expected it should be. However, I did think it was going to be longer AND at the very end, their characters did NOT look 19 years older..pshha, yeah right, maybe Harry, but Hermoine and Ron look like they just got out of college at most! I was a little upset by that. Anyway, after Harry Potter we went to Ame and Connor's to make a great dinner that mainly Amy and Connor cooked as we just helped and then ate and talked for the rest of the night. Later that night we watched a couple episodes of the "Wonder Years" which who can't get enough of that cute Kevin Arnold's face!

The next day we went to church with Jamie and Lucas, ate some of the best Indian food you could ever ask for, and then visited SLAM (St. Louis Art Museum) Just found out those initials....afterward I went back to Jamie and Lucas' house to chill for the afternoon and then was on my way that night. Overall, it was a great trip and I always LOVE going to St. Louis!!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun in St. Louis. That breakfast casserole looks good because I didn't see eggs in it, but Heather doesn't like sausage so I will probably never have it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Heather won't make it, I'll make it for you Royce! And I think Heather would actually like it even with sausage..it's soo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal I got really confused by the end of your post. I didn't know who was supposed to be in what pictures. But I'm really glad you had a good time (and I will probably not make anything that takes any effort for breakfast--sorry hon).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Heather, you should make the casserole for dinner and substitute bacon! How does that sound??! Oh and sorry about the pics..I should have clarified more ;)

    ReplyDelete