Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Grandma and other things


This is my grandmother Edith Billen. She passed away January 5, 2012. She lived 88 strong years and loved living life. Whenever I think of my grandma, I think of the spunk and wittiness she displayed to everyone around her. I remember her visiting us as much as she could when we were growing up and I remember us visiting her as much as we could as well-that's how much we loved being around her. She loved her family and friends very much and had a great passion and love to serve and help those around her. She was an amazing nurse and I believe worked all the way up until she was in her early 70's. I dearly miss my grandma and always will. I believe she lived a great life and is happy to return to her companion for eternity-my grandpa Robert Billen. A few days before she passed away, she had had a massive aneurysm in her brain and was left on life support for a day or two so that family could come in and say goodbye before they took her off. This happened right before my 28th birthday, I really hate telling my age over the internet, but I figure those that read this blog will know it anyway. A great 28 years with a very special grandma. I'm so grateful I had the chance to move down here to Texas, the first 6 months here for me were my grandma's last. I know this wasn't by chance, that it gave me a chance to spend a little bit more time with her before she left this earth. The funeral took place in Hayward, California, where she resided for most of the last years of her life before she moved to Texas to stay with my parents. Here are a few pics from the funeral.
Robert did a great job at playing "Begin the Beguine" -Grandma's favorite song. You can watch him play here
Look-there's me!
The casket was really beautiful
All of her kids gathered around her
These are her children-all grown up
Oh this is a random pic of "Ranch" Diner! It was too cool with a cow's head hanging out of the sign!
It's always sad that the few times you actually see all your family is at events like this but it was really good to see a my cousins, aunts, and uncle
This is my cute fam pic

We have done a lot of fun things the past couple of months..

On my b day, sweet Shy surprised me with balloons that don't worry-1 sang to you when you hit it and another that had fuzzy pink stuff on it! Quite incredible! She also brought cheesecake for everyone at my work. I just love that lady
Bday cheesecake! oh heaven! Well, my heaven will have cheesecake
We all went out for dinner with my aunt and uncle for my bday at Cheesecake, love their food
Jeff got me pinwheel sandwiches for my bday-best b day present evaaaa ;) Randall also got my a Coach purse that I just absolutely love-he's a good present picker
For Katie's b day in Feb, we all met at Cheddars and got some grub-I love Cheddars!
Me and hun bun at Katie's house afterward for game night
Me and my girls-cute little Eden!
My girls! I just love them
Meana Beana
A couple months back, Randall and I went to a Kings vs Mavs game, even though we were cheering for the Mavs, we pretty much cheered for Jimmer as well-how could we not?! Oh and we definitely weren't the only ones in the crowd cheering for him
This shirt was just too cute
Go Jimmer! Go Mavs!
We had a great time!
A couple weeks ago, we went to my cousin Caitlin's mish farewell-it was great to see her off-we even got to go to the new American Art Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas! It was pretty awesome if I do say-I mean look at that sculpture! It had the letters of the alphabet all wrapped around each other! It made me want some alphabet soup and alphabet cereal

On a date night a couple months back, it was a beautiful day (as it has been the past couple of months) so Randall took me to the driving range! Believe it or not, it was my first time golfing at a range like that, I pretty much only know miniature golf...so..ya know, BUT I had a great time and I even hit a few!
I think I got the form down..kinda..finally

OK, Portland blog post to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment